‘never say never because limits, like fears, are often just illusions‘
Welcome to my website! My name is Dr Allan Willis and I am a Child Psychologist and Clinical Hypnotherapist providing therapeutic and educational services to children, young people and their families.
I help children and young people to:
- Deal with anxiety
- Manage difficult and challenging behaviour
- Learn more effectively
- Improve performance in sports
- Cope with illness and pain
- Develop more effective social skills
- Regulate emotions
Who am I and how I work?
- I am a qualified and experienced Child Psychologist with over 30 years’ experience of working with children and young people in a range of settings, including schools, the home and in clinic.
- I help children and young people develop solutions to their problems using a tailored approach based upon their needs.
- I also use solution-focused hypnotherapy. This is a gentle, relaxing yet powerful method for supporting children and young people to achieve their goals.
- I use modern neuroscience to help children and young people understand how the brain works. This helps them to see how anxiety, loss of confidence and low mood can develop and how these problems can be overcome.
I am registered with the Health Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist, and with the Association for Solution-Focused Hypnotherapy and the National Council for Hypnotherapy as a Clinical Solution-Focused Hypnotherapist